otnmbrd

JAXAshby wrote:
over-the-knee, you make a loser flip-flop politician look good by comparison.
so, which it is, o-t-k? making harbor at night is good or bad? keep in the
mind the original poster was asking about making an unknown harbor, but expand
the definition to include any harbor you wish, including your bathtub.

Once again, Doodles, your inexperience is showing. Whether it's a known
harbor or an unknown harbor, making the approach can be touchy,
especially at night, and especially if you feel uncomfortable with what
you are seeing.
There's nothing flipflop about my statement, just some good sound
advice, in addition to what Rosalie stated.
The fact that you don't understand either, just adds to our collective
sense of your inexperience.

otn

From: otnmbrd
Date: 11/10/2004 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

Always good advice. If you are not familiar with a particular landfall,
never be afraid to hold off or at least do a few "round turns" until you
can feel comfortable with your position and route of approach .... even
with those you are normally familiar with.
Even with GPS, radar, your visual/ mental sense of what is around you
and where you are, is extremely important to your "comfort factor" when
navigating in any restricted or close quarters.

otn