dp

Default Removing Spark Plugs????

All this to change the spark plugs? Crap! I'd hate to be out at sea and
have some need to change them!

-b

"Brian Miller" wrote in message
Hi Ernie,
You did not mention the make of your outboard, but I will take a stab at

it.
I have a Mercury 115hp four-stroke, so they may be similar. Besides the
bolts for the plug cover that are easily visible, there is another on the
lower left, somewhat hidden behind a fuel line from the fuel pump; it is a
hassle to get out, and worse to put back in without dropping it down under
the motor. Once you get that bolt out it still takes some wiggling and a
little forcing to get the cover out, but it will come out. Once I am able
to get that bolt of mine out from under the motor, I doubt that I will
bother putting it back in place.
-Brian

"Ernie" wrote in message
.. .
Posted the following beginning of November and received no response or

there
might have been and I missed it or did not receive it. Please enlighten

me.
Thanks

Attempted to remove spark plugs on a 2003 90HP 4 stroke engine and what

pain. Removing the four bolts that anchors the plug cover is no

trouble.
Removing the cover is the problem. Has anyone successfully accomplished
this? Thanks for the help.

--
Ernie

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.