Joe

Default Questions about the Yamaha F150 4 Stroke Outboard

Long time I/O owner here who just bought a new boat which has a 2005
model year Yamaha 4 Stroke, 15OHP Outboard with a few questions.

I am looking into adding gauages that I miss from my I/O boat

1) What is the purpose of this "Water Pressure" gauge that I see on
Yamaha's website?

2) How come I can not find a guage for this outboard that shows me
the engine temperature like my car motor based I/O had?
That sure saved my engine several times when it overheated

3) How come I can not find an Oil Pressure guage either?

4) I am told by the dealer that this engine will sound an alarrm if it
starts to overheat. I guess the alarm is in the engine so is it loud
enough to hear when underway?
This 4 stroke OB is really quiet but at 4500 RPM, it is not exactly
whispering.

Winterizing/Freezing:

Background:

I have a winterizing 'contraption' for my I/O that holds 5 gallons of
anitfreeze. You hook a garden hose to it as well as the ear muffs over
the water inlet on the lower unit. Run the engine till it is warm with
the water running till the thermostat is open and then you twist the
valve on the thing so the engine draws antifreeze from it.
Once about 4 gallons have gone through the engine and you can see the
exhaust water change color to antifreeze color,the block is full of
antifreeze and you turn the boat off for the season.
That is for my car motor based I/O that once done, you are commited
for the season.

I bought this boat with an outbaord (for one reason) because I was
told that there is no need to do the above and if we get one of those
50 degree day here in maryland that I could use the boat and not have

the hassle of re-winterizing it.

Questions:

A) I was told by the dealer that all I had to do for the winter to be
sure that all the water is out of the Outbaord is to make sure that
the engine is in the down position when the boat is sitting on the
trailer in my back yard. TRUE?

A) Is it true that I do not have to run antifreeze through the motor
on this Outboard to winterize it like I described above for the I/O
boat?

B) When the boat is in the water at my dock (I do not have a boat
lift) , does all the water flow out of the motor when you tilt the
Outboard all the way up such that I do not have to worry about
anything freezing?
I ask this because if we do get a reasonably warm weekend in the
winter (very common in this state) I would like to leave the boat in
the water for the weekend and am worried about freezing since at
night, the air still would be below freezing

Thanks for any answer to my questions.

Joe