Calif Bill

Default spark plug damage

No lawers involved. Take it to small claims court. Judge makes the
decision. If you lose, you are out another $50.
Bill

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:21:58 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

My call too.

I see no C.

-W

First of all, this mess seems inevitably to be dragged, kicking and
screaming into court. Therefore, the laws of knowledge, wisdom, and
common sense don't apply.

There is definitely a "C" since, "if it wasn't MY fault it was YOUR
fault." This argument works great with a jury. If you think you are
being judged by a group of your peers you either haven't been to court
or need to lose the rose-colored-glasses.

Trust me, it will be a monumental mistake by the plaintiff if anybody
that:

owns or has ever owned a boat,
realizes they have ever had any shoddy work performed by a mechanic,
is a mechanic or has ever attempted to perform mechanical work or,
knows what a spark plug is,

will be on the jury.

My personal take on this is that there isn't enough information to
award damages to anybody. I can imagine enough "other" things that
could happen, besides a mechanic doing whatever he might do to break
off a ground electrode, to muddy the waters of responsibility.

Outside of the courtroom (in the real world) there wouldn't be a "C".
However, "C" should quit trying to drum up support here for action
against "A", because it is a waste of time. "C" needs to go see a
lawyer or magistrate and see if they have a case. "C" also should
understand that the attorney is going to get paid, regardless....
whoever prevails. And "A" might countersue for attorney's fees so
that "C" picks up the *whole* tab for the attempt.... win *or* lose.

Less to be learned: Caveat Emptor.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.