Rick

I use the "Topside" vacuum system. Works fine. I use it on the boat genset
and the other small engines around the boat and house. On the main boat
engine I have a hand pump - factory supplied. I would recommend against one
of these. Its takes many strokes to pump out 5 quarts and due to location I
am laying on my side to use it.

I would recommend something that is powered with 12V or 120V or at least
vacuum.

My vote is for the topsider. Just remember that for every 1 person pleased
with something there are at least 2 others that hate it.

Also be careful with your gaskets on any vacuum powered device. I have lost
mine a few times but the "Topside" folks have always sent me a new set.

"r" wrote in message news:dHCed.448382$Fg5.281481@attbi_s53...
Just curious if anyone has a suggestion as to a decent pump to buy for
changing the oil in an I/O engine,
pumping it out thru the dip stick hole. One that works, not overly
expensive.

Thanks,

Ron