Wayne.B

On 15 Oct 2004 23:27:09 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

I believe that "lighter per amp hour" is accurate.

Possibly a dangerous assumption since they are still lead-acid cells.

For any given battery chemistry such as lead-acid / nickel-cadmium /
NiMH / etc., capacity tracks very closely with weight. The way I read
your article, their "break through" was compressing more lead into the
same area (thinner plate separation). The batteries sound to me like
a variation on AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) which has been around for
awhile. As others have stated, I'd be interested in a side by side
tabulation of specifications against a conventional lead-acid 8D.
Even though there are big quality differences between 8Ds as expressed
in longevity, they all tend to have the same specifications.