Jonathan Ganz

Default Terms and Conditions of a democracy

In article ,
Dave wrote:
On 14 Oct 2004 13:03:38 -0700, (Jonathan Ganz)
said:

From that moment on, the majority
always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the
public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over
loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.

Good quote, Jon. But pretty funny coming from the guy backing a candidate
whose promise to every interest group is "I gonna give you [fill in the
blank--free health care, good schools, higher wages, etc. etc.] and that
fella over there is gonna pay for it."

Well, in Bush's case, he's already done that. Actually, not every
interest group... mostly just the energy ones, the ones who's execs
don't give a crap about anyone except themselves. Bummer about
teachers and healthcare workers wanting a voice... a real bummer isn't
it?

I may have pointed out before that we're getting very near the tipping point
where the majority of Americans pay no federal income tax. When that 50%
threshold is crossed, look for all hell to break loose as the non-taxpayers
vote to extract more and more for themselves from fewer and fewer.

This is exactly what BushCo is doing now. Why wait.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com