Keith

Yep. We had a boat explode at our fuel dock the other day, sending 5 people
to the hospital, one critical. He had just fueled his boat, didn't run the
blower, and as soon as he hit the starter, BOOM. Probably used a NAPA
starter part. Stick with marine grade stuff in the engine room at least!

--

Keith
__
"William G. Andersen" wrote in message
The reason for using marine equipment instead of automotive equipment is
because the marine equipment is sealed to prevent electrical sparks that
could ignite fuel fumes.

"Wm. E. Fletcher" wrote in message
89 Wellcraft Coastal, twin 230's. Port engine won't start unless ;one
raps on the starter or solenoid cylinder. Rather incomvenient out in
Lake Erie to get it started. My basic question is , can I use an
automotive solenoid and does NAPA sell those? Is there a definite
marine solenoid? Thank you. Bill