Moose

Doug wrote:

The Furuno FM3000 is OEM (manufactured) by Icom. So you are comparing Icom
with a trademarked Icom with the Furuno name on it.
Doug K7ABX

Interesting...

So even if made by the same manufacturer, there may be differences. When
choosing between the M502, FM3000, and M602, are the differences merely
features? ...or is one or more of these units a "commercial duty" one that
will withstand abuse/elements better than the others?

I like the M602, but don't want to simply pay for features that I probably
won't use, (power hailer built in), but I would like the best
durability/reliability possible.

Again, thanks for your help!

Moose