Gary

Default autopilot failure

I posted a question here last week about my autopilot failing and for some
strange reason, it never showed up on my Road Runner server, so tonight, I
looked on google groups and saw that I indeed had 3 replies...it STILL isn't
on the RR server.

First of all, thanks Tom, Jim and Karl for the replies. I will try
everything you suggested before I turn it over to the mechanics. Secondly,
Karl had the following reply:

Check the power, as noted.

These units come apart fairly easily; I have had to open mine up and
resolder a few of the connections as vibration causes them to go "cold" and
contact becomes intermittent.

I'm curious Karl, what part of the unit are you talking about opening up?
Do you mean the "control unit" or the "junction box"? I'm fairly handy with
a soldering iron, but since my boat is a 4 hour drive from my home and I
only get to go there every 3rd weekend, I want to be as prepared as possible
when I go back. Were the cold solder joints obvious or did you need to test
them with an ohm meter? Are there lots of them? Are they on a circuit
board?

Thanks again to all of you who responded and thanks in advance if you have
any additional info to add!

Gary