Rich

I have a Westerbeke 5.0BCA unit and I have run it for 7 seasons and
over 1000 hours. Runs great. I had a problem with an intermittent
generating 12v winding in the electrical end that did drive me crazy
for 4 years. However upon a hard failure (fault now known) Westerbeke
paid for everything related to the repair. Removal/ shipping to
factory, refurb, return shipping, and reinstall. Additionally they
did a 500 hour PM at no charge at the factory and provided numerous
spae parts at no charge to help me troubleshoot the problem. They
also waived the co-pay on this problem since I had documentation that
the problem occurred during the first year.

I would rather not have had the problem, but it speaks well of a
manufacturer to step up to the plate on a 4 year old machine. The
warrantee is also 5 years.

Bottom line is I would buy another Westerbeke without hesitation.

Rich

"Jim Lea" wrote:

I am considering buying a 4 kW diesel generator for our sailboat, and am
interested in opinions on various makes. So far, I have not seen too many
makes, and would appreciate info on types I have not yet looked at. I have
looked at: Westerbeke ($$$), FischerPanda (can't find a dealer), Entec, and
American Generators.