fred

Default 16ft Carolina Skiff or Scout or Key West or ?

Thanks guys....I've used the j16 and realize it's not too beamy. i
like that boat a lot but the DLX just looks tempting. I went to the
dealer yesterday and checked one out. They have these curves in the
bottom near the bow that are supposed to decrease pounding and
splashing. I guess if no one has one I'm gonna ask the dealer to
take me for a ride. Looks like what I want, but can't be sure a
little 16 ft v-hull wouldn't serve me better?!? Fred

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:35:33 GMT, "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

Hi Fred,

One of my buddies got a new Carolina Skiff J14 with a new Yamaha 25hp 4
stroke on it with a good galvanized trailer too. We had it out in Tomales
Bay on the California coast this summer. We had it pretty well loaded with
two of us, two collers for food/gear plus a front mounted electric &
battery. It went over 25mph and road better than I thought after looking at
the flat bottom. It is a real heavy duty boat and would be good for a
shallow water boat.

As RichG said, you can't get one boat to do everything. If you get a deep-v
for bigger water it won't go into the real shallow stuff. Be sure to get a
boat for 80% of what you are going to be doing.