Chris Rennert

Default Threw a rod?

Hello all,

I have a 1993 Yamaha Pro V 150 on my Ranger 354V bass boat. I was running
today , probably about 10 minutes straight at about 3/4 throttle, when all
of a sudden (I don't know a whole lot about outboards) it sounded as if I
had thrown a rod (from previous car experience). I checked the oil
reservoir in both the main tank and the motor itself and they were both
full. I guess what I am asking is what other reason would something like
that happen? I mean is there something possibly could have done to prevent
it. I know it is kind of a loaded question since you don't know the history
of the motor itself. I have only owned it for 2 months myself , and I have
had other fuel related problems that I have had it in for since I bought it.
I also had my prop just redone because I dinged it up pretty good at one
point.
I know it is not a lot to go on, but I was just wondering why this may have
happened. Also what does a repair like this usually go for (ballpark of
course :-( )

Thanks everyone :-(

Chris