Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:54:52 -0400, "Chris"
wrote:

Hi there,

I'm working on my project boat, 1975 fiberglass (I acquired recently), and
the question I keep getting asked is will she float? I know it did when it
was used last 10+ years ago, but since then hasn't been in water.

Would there be any reason to believe that it may not float?

Holes in the bottom might be a good indicator.

What would the tell tale signs be?

A slow settling of the boat in the water such that water starts to
enter the boat over the gunwales causing it to sink below the surface
is a pretty good sign that the boat has sunk.

I suspect that the boat will float properly once it's in the water.
How long it stays that way depends on how well you restore it.

Later,

Tom