John Gaquin

Default fair price for apprasal and 2 hour training - forgot to mention

wrote in message

purchase 30 minute appraisal/Inspection for a boat I will pay $6500?
and then a 2 hour (1 hour in water) general training on my my boat
with my fuel.

I need to do the inspecting before Wednesday
when I will right the check and the training this coming weekend. Just
need the basics and my general questions answered.

Jason......
I note you've made several posts on this subject, in which you freely state
that you are new to boating and need basic information. This basic
knowledge ought to be obtained *before* you go about purchasing a boat. I
would suggest you cancel the pending boat deal until you have some idea what
you're buying. There will *always* be other boats around.

I also heartily endorse John Chaplain's suggestion that you take a boating
safety course from the Coast Guard Auxiliary or the US Power Squadron. This
type of course will give you just the sort of basic information you're
seeking, plus you can spend some time talking to other boaters, who can also
provide you with information. That way, when your surveyor is checking out
a boat for you, you'll have some idea what he's saying.

Buying a boat without some knowledge or expert advice is about as sensible
as buying an airplane without some knowledge or expert advice. It's
perfectly legal, but not a good idea.

JG