jchaplain

Default fair price for apprasal and 2 hour training - forgot to mention

You need to get the boat surveyed, but then also to take a Coast Guard
approved boating safety course.
I don't know who might survey the boat for you, I'm sure others here
might recommend someone.
Take the safety course. I had been away from boating for a bunch of
years and took it to refresh ( you can take it online.) You'll get a
break on insurance as well if you take this course. You have to know
how to navigate,( who has the right of way, what colored bouys mean,
etc.) what signals mean, how to use a VHF radio, and other important
aspects of boating in addition to learing how to run your particular
boat.
John C.

On 23 Nov 2003 01:20:42 -0800, wrote:

Please see prior post. I was asking what a fair price to pay for pre
purchase 30 minute appraisal/Inspection for a boat I will pay $6500?
and then a 2 hour (1 hour in water) general training on my my boat
with my fuel.

... what I forgot to state was that I'm in Miami Florida. Anybody
Qualified and Interested? I need to do the inspecting before Wednesday
when I will right the check and the training this coming weekend. Just
need the basics and my general questions answered.

Thanks!