thunder

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:59:07 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Even though he stood for everything I didn't, I miss Senator Wellstone.
There was a man who stood up and was counted, billy be damned what anybody
else thought and at the same time, could cut a deal and get something
done. I like people like that. Not the idiot nuanced thought police
constraints most current politicians practice. I could do business with
Senator Wellstone and that's important to me - if I think I can do
business with somebody and not have to watch my back at the same time. I
feel the same way about Senators McCain and Kennedy. There are a few
others.

It's sad, isn't it? Before I even consider issues, I try to determine if
a candidate is competent and honorable. It is rare to find a candidate
that has one of those qualities, extremely rare if they have both. To get
to issues, I find, is wishful thinking. 250 million people, and these are
our best?

Personally, I had always liked the other Sen. Kerry (Robert).