Bilgeman

dh_Id asks:

- got a Coleman PMP 2000 inverter, mounted it to the rear wall of the hull on
a houseboat, and hooked it to the batteries. It ran a drill for a few trys, so
I figured things were good. I took the boat out, and the next day tried using
the inverter. It wouldn't run anything,but the green power light stayed on.-

Bilge- Have you got a Digital voltmeter? They're pretty inexpensive...cheap
enough to leave in a dry stow on your boat. check your output voltage at the
inverter receptacle.

If you see 110-120 volts, look downstream to your distribution circuits. If
you don't have voltage, look for a reset button,or refer to manufacturer's
info.

It may also have a bi-metallic heat protection switch...when the wires cool
down, it should power up.

In fact, I think Coleman is on the web...

- I thought that maybe the vibration of the wall it was mounted to while the
engine was running could be enough to damage it, but I went and felt it with
the engine running and it doesn't seem like much vibration to me...not that it
should be enough to damage the inverter. The vibration of the wall of a truck
or camper would probably be a lot worse, but I'm wondering what other people
might think about -dh_Id

Bilge- I kept a dinky little 300 watt inverter zip-tied to the dash of my
service van when I was working ashore, (recharge drill/driver batteries), and
drove it around in summer DC traffic for months.. those printed circuits are
pretty tough.

G'luck

Mutiny is a Management Tool
Select Your Tattoo while Sober