Dick

I'm looking for opinions on the Pacific Seacraft Orion 27.

I like mine. I have had it since 1987 when I bought it new. It sails best in 15
to 20 knot winds in the ocean. In sheltered water with light wind you may want
another boat. It is heavy and stable. The rudder will not get hung up on
fishing nets and you won't bend it if you hit a sleeping manta ray.

Speed is about 5 knots on average but we have done 8 konts surfing down waves
and had fun doing it.

Newer boats have a 3 cylinder Yanmar but still have the twenty gallon tank.
Older boats have a 2 cylinder and twice the range. New boats (MK II) have a
smaller head and more room in the cabin.

Me, my wife, and daughter lived aboard for six years.

You can see mine at members.aol.com/mstarunderway

They are hard to find too. Most of the owners that I have met have had theirs
for a long time. We bought ours new because we could not find a used one.

Dick