Billgran

Default Very Old (Pre 1950 ?) Mercury Outboard Impeller Problem

"Phill" wrote in message
om...

I have recently acquired an old Mercury Comet(Lightning)10hp outboard
motor. It was completely siezed when I got it, but I stripped it down,
and with a fair amount of brute force (hammer on piston rods!!) got it
turning again. To my surprize, when I put it back together it worked.
The only thing, I soon found out that the water pump impeller is worn
out. The serial number of the engine is 9279767, which I am told is
pre 1950. I am having problems getting a replacement impeller. Does
anyone know any mail order companies that could supply one.

The following sites specialize in old Mercury outboards. I will bet you can
find your impeller at one of these businesses.

Bill Grannis
service manager

http://www.vintageoutboard.com/

http://www.oldmercs.com/