Dave

Can I suggest that you install the battery into a car/truck and see if it
turns over that engine. It could be a faulty cell in the battery.

Do the battery cables get warm when you try to crank the engine?

If the engine was working well before you stopped it I would not think it
was water in the engine.

Dave

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 9 Sep 2004 05:28:48 -0700, (Layne Meier)
wrote:
It's like I'm not getting enough juice to
the starter motor, it only cranks over between 1 - 5 degrees -
certainly not enough to get it to crank over.

Anyone experienced this before and could give me a few clues.

Have you checked for water in the cylinders? Pull the spark plugs and
try to turn it over. If that's the problem you need to get it
serviced right away before it totally rusts up.