Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default bertram 35

Hi Phil,
I used to have a '77 Bertie 35. It was a good boat. Beware of wood rot
though. Especially around the keel area. That could be an expensive repair.

Engines (Crusaders) are difficult to work on as there is not enough
space between them. Rarely does one need to get to that area except to
change out manifolds.

Electrical is great. Well assembled and corrosion resistant. Some models
used perko light fixtures which may need to be changed out, as the lens
deteriorates and turns cloudy.

Hope that helps.

Capt. Frank

aussie wrote:
Just about to buy Bertram 35, 1980 build but presents in great
condition....any "gotcha's" or info would be a real help as its our first
big boat .
thanks for all feedback
Phil