Vito

"Bart Senior" wrote in message
t...

bin Laden and other terrorists are smart enough to recognize
a lame duck like Kerry suits their cause the best.

Why would they back an unknown like Kerry when they have a proven friend in
Bush?

Terrorism is intended to scare the victim into harming itself. The 9-11
attacks succeeded in doing that beyond the terrorists' wildest hopes. The
Taliban took a hit but Osama's net is still active. Why? Because Bush quit
them to go after their enemy Saddam. And look what we've done to ourselves
since. Look at our airline industry - it's in shambles because nobody flies
who doesn't have to. You have to arrive hours early to be interrogated and
searched by a bunch of $7/hour burger flippers who're now federal agents and
will arrest you if they think you 'dissed' them! But you are no safer!! Do
you really think these fools are capable of keeping dedicated assassins off
your plane? And if you think armed air marshalls are aboard to protect you,
like they were supposed to be on 9/11, guess again. Worse yet, we've tossed
out freedoms that our forefathers fought and died for and handed the
bureaucrats dictatorial powers!!

Would Kerry have done worse? Hard to imagine how.