Marshall Banana

Also Sprach Bill Kiene :
There are tons of old boats around with large (over 100hp) old 2 strokes
that are no longer worth the trouble especially with labor, parts and fuel
costs.

Feh. My 140 HP Johnson is almost as old as I am, and has been 100%
relible in the 5 years I've owned it. Parts, if needed, are far cheaper
than a brand new 4-stroke or DFI 2 stroke. For one thing, there are far
fewer parts to begin with. Also, since it's been around forever, there
are plenty of aftermarket manufacturers to buy parts from, while with a
brand new engine you have no choice other than the manufacterer's
parts.

An example, I replaced the water pump earlier this season. It cost me
$39.95 for a complete kit, new impeller, gaskets, housing and
liner. Anyone want to look up what it costs for a 2004 4-stroke of
similar size?

The fuel cost argument is a non-starter. A few extra gallons a
year is FAR cheaper than spending 15,000 plus installation costs to
repower.

Dan

--

JESUS SAVES, but I makes backups!