Bc8181

Subject: Ratheon 72CRC Radar/Chartplotter alarm volume
From: "Doug Dotson" AMcom
Date: 9/7/2004 7:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Most radars and GPSs have a way to connect an external
alarm. Suggest you read the manual for details.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Bc8181" wrote in message
Hello folks,

Tried to set up the alarms on a friend's Nonsuch 30 (he had never used
them)
and discovered we couldn't hear them due to high freq. hearing loss and
unit
being incased in a Navpod. Any way to hook up a louder alarm for the
cabin?

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks Doug for your response. Nope, the rather exhaustive manual for the unit
has zilch about an external alarm. The person who installed the unit
originally said it was not possible. I have since talked to Raymarine tech
support and they suggested a $160 Seatalk converter box that I could then wire
to a piezo horn. Guess this is the way to go since a radar alarm's not much
good if you can't hear it down below.

Bob