Short Wave Sportfishing

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:23:15 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
Frankly, I like them. I have a nice framed one of the Block Island RI

area.
People think I'm nuts to have it, but it makes me smile because not far

from
Block Island, my dad ventured into a submarine testing area. The chart

said
to avoid ships flying whatever flags - those were target ships. I was 10

or
11 and I didn't want to be TOO pushy with the captain, but I'd just

takent
the Power Squadron class and as far as I could tell, we were right in

the
center of the testing area. He didn't think so. A sub surfaced about 300
yards away and informed my dad via radio that he should try looking at

his
chart, if any. Just like that. I loved the sarcasm, but as an ex-Navy

man,
he didn't find it funny. :-)

That would be a blow to the ego of your captain.

He *did*, however, allow me to do much more of the navigating after that,
"because it would be good for you to learn". :-)

Sounds like my Dad.

Former USCG skipper no less. :)

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717