Ron

Because I know (a) very little I can only (b) understand a little of what I
hear.
I just got back from sailing this rig and I'm trying to make sense of all
the stuff that happens. I didn't get to read all these great messages
before I went.
I did sheet it in tight and often lost momentum and had to turn off the wind
and/or paddle to get moving again. Raking the leeboard back seemed to help
to. It seems I may have too big of a poorly shaped leeboard.
It was a blast sailing downwind and moving back made the paddle more
effective but I still thought I might break a paddle.
I do appreciate all the advice. I kind of thought I was learning on this
trip so I might be able to ask better questions. But if you think I still
need to learn more, I'll tell my wife I need to go away again. She'll
probably would agree, in theory.

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:21:03 -0400, "Ron"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

You appear to (a) know very little about sailing (b) hear only what
you want to hear
I have decided that I should not be offended by
anybody's behaviour but my own......the theory's
good, anyway.