Gene Kearns

Default O.T. A day at the airport.

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:50:23 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
-
Isn't it nice that the corporate representative worked so hard to shift
the blame or guilt from overselling the flight from his company onto the
passengers in the terminal?

Even with this touching story, poor Harry can't even find something decent
to say about humanity. What a louse.

Trouble is, though, he's right.

When I buy a hunting or fishing license, I know the score. I might
get lucky, I might not. It is a risk I understand and accept.

When I buy a ticket, I have a reasonable expectation of *using* that
ticket to claim *my* seat, NOT as a receipt for a hunting license.
And definitely not becoming an unwilling participant in a lottery for
the seat I paid for.... with doe-eyed passengers looking on to see how
hard-hearted I am.... and by proxy, passing the blame for lack of
surrender on to anybody else with a greater conscience.

Harry is clearly correct, the unpatriotic and un-American persons
involved were the sellers of tickets that they *knew* were not good
and would not be honored. Suppose they told these service men and
women up front?

In another thread we discussed the morality of paying for goods and
services received. Do you think a no-show will receive a refund?
Even if that flight was overbooked and people were turned away. This
is a crappy way to do business.

My point (and I hope Harry's) is that these people did the right thing
and performed a greater good for these service men and women to show
their appreciation for their sacrifices to our country and *right the
wrong* done to them by a transportation system driven by corporate
greed and paid to stay in business by the Federal Government.

My $.02.