jps

Default Strange electrical problem Portside engine

In article .net,
says...
I was down to the dock today, and one of my neighbors was having a fit
with his Searay 27. When he tried to turn the port engine over, all the
power in the boat would die. No lights, no electronics, no nothing. We
checked the batteries, checked the grounds and positive battery leads,
cleaned them and made sure the engine side connections were tight.

Same deal. Turn the key and the boat goes dark. Ok, lets try a different
approach. We turned the key for the starboard engine, it fires up right
away. No problems. All power is on and the stereo is playing merrily.

Turn key for port engine, something in the engine room makes a hell of a
chattering noise, the engine starts! The problem has not reoccurred in
half a dozen re-starts on the portside only system.

Anyone want to take a guess? It has both of us baffled.

Capt. Frank

Checked the batteries how? Did he check the voltage of the port
battery?

Port start battery could be low and being charged by starboard
alternator...