Rosalie B.

WaIIy wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:04:45 -0400, "Charles T. Low"
wrote:

No one has answered in the first day, so here goes:

1/ I'm afraid I don't follow the description all that well, but is this
transmission fluid? It couldn't be the normal water drip from a packing
gland? Or a tranmission cooling water leak?

2/ I had to have the dipstick replaced when it all wore out and its own
seal failed. My boat guy had to phone some obscure shop but was able to find
the part for a 1978 transmission.

Charles

Thanks for the advice. I'll put in a new dipstick and see what happens.

Maybe the transmission fluid is just overfull.

grandma Rosalie