Harry Krause

Floyd in Tampa wrote:

Social service organizations in your area, like the Red Cross, churches,
civic groups, et cetera, probably will start up drives to collect
household necessities, food and suchlike, and truck them down to Florida
distribution centers and families who need help.

A relief manager was just on the TV saying that household supplies sent to
the area at this time will only create a logistical nightmare, going on what
they learned after Andrew. He suggested financial contributions, and to
leave much of the initial recovery effort to the experts.
Homegrown or unofficial efforts to provide relief may be stalled at the
approaches to the worst areas by relief workers who are under orders to keep
all non-resident people out of the areas, unless they are requested or
pre-approved by local officials who are coordinating the relief efforts in
conjunction with LEOs.

Well, whatever is needed and works. Cash is always well-received.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -