Bill

Default need British Seagul help

I got a VW piston and cylinder to come free by boiling in parts wash then
cooling and boiling and cooling with taps in between.
Outside, well ventilated ONLY!

Bill

"lupi" wrote in message
Hi from the pacific NW, usa, I apologize in advance for my lack of
nomenclature. I have a BS Silver Century with the piston badly rusted
in the cylinder. I can't understand how to get the lower end of the
piston assembly apart. I mean the whole thing that's part of the
steering handle and the coil etc. The ring of bolts all came out but I
don't understand how to drive or pull the shaft out so I can find the
wrist pin and get it down to where just the cylinder and piston will
fit in a press. Any help would be appreciated. No, you cannot tap this
loose with an oaken block. Thanks for your time and happy sailing.