jim--

Default Off Topic Posting Has Finally Hit Its Inevitable Bottom.

I see that Krause, the biggest offender of OT posts, has not been killfiled
by you. You responded to him just yesterday.

Hypocrite.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

As most of you know, I use Agent as a newsreader. I have, over the last

6-8
months, aggressively (automated) filtered the newsgroup, first on "OT" as
advertised in the Subject line, then on "political" words in the subject,

and
finally on certain posters that refused, for whatever selfish reasons, to

(1)
identify their post as off topic and (2) to post enough On Topic

information to
warrant wading through all of their contributions. Agent also allows for
killing entire threads manually, if the reader deems the subject line
disinteresting and I have used this method more and more in the previous

few
weeks.

A few weeks ago, I had loaded Agent on a different computer and

inadvertently
failed to copy the filter file information from the backup.... the net

result
was that I had no filters, but I wasn't seeing any of the offending

poster's
names, either!!! Imagine my surprise, today, when I realized that I was
manually filtering 99.9% of the off topic content solely by Subject line!

I was
amazed and Googled up confirmation.

What does this mean? It means that the posters that I had kill filed for
refusing to post significantly on topic were now posting *exclusively* Off
Topic! They've finally reached the lowest of lows.... posting,

polluting, and
vandalizing a boating newsgroup when they have absolutely no expressed

interest
in boating.

It also means they have become that much easier to filter.......