Trevor Miller

Default Protocol for entering marina

Thanks for all the assist - I'm well versed in using radios in general (had
to once learn 99 10-x codes at a job awhile back) just this is my first time
coastal (after years of lakes) and wanted to try and get everything covered.

The area looks to be coming off an advisory for a good weeekend...here's to
a fun cruise and a tolerant harbor-master.

-trevor

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:12:53 -0400, "Gene Kearns"
wrote:

OR, if they respond with, "[our name] this is OC Fishing Center, over,"
you
should respond with, "OC Fishing Center, please switch to channel
[whatever]."
They might reply, "OC Fishing Center wilco." **

Change channels and resume the conversation.

.....Oops....

If it is left up to *you* to decide on the proper channel you may choose
from 9,
68, 69, 71, 72, 77, 78A..... personally, I'd go with 9.

Just as an aside, if you have voluntarily equipped your vessel with a
radio (or
are required by law to do so), you are then required by law to monitor
either
channel 16 or channel 9. If you are boating in northern New Jersey, New
York or
New England, I'd go with 9 because that is the channel for urgent marine
information in the 1st USCG district.... use 16 elsewhere.

Ditto, use of radar, if so equipped.

--
23' Grady White, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/