noah

Default Synthetic oil on 2-stroke question

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:44:17 GMT, "n0sPaM"
wrote:

I have a Mercury 20HP 2-stroke and I have been using the standard 2-stroke
motor oil bought from walmart. Is it worthy to upgrade to 2-stoke synthetic
motor oil. If so, what brand do u recommend? and what is the procedure? do I
have to engine flush it (just like car) before switching to synthetic?
Thanks for help

Boating Newbie

BN-synthetic oil has definite advantages, and disadvantages, versus
regular oil. It is my understanding that it adheres better to metal
surfaces, giving slightly better lubrication, and more initial
lubrication on start-up. The down side is that it costs more.

I have been using synthetic-blend in my trucks and I/O's for years.
I'm not sure of the cost/benefit ratio for 2-cyles, but it won't hurt.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats