R.W. Behan

Default Ametek PS-C2 water filters

Greetings:

We've just traded in our dear old Westsail 32 for a 20-year-old Lord Nelson Victory Tug, and now confront the expected chores of cleaning/fixing/replacing all the old parts and systems. First on the list is WATER.

The boat has an Ametek PS-C2 water filter immediately downstream from the pressure pump (which I've already rebuilt.) I took the filter off, and find I can't even blow AIR through it, let alone water. I've cleaned up the cannister inside to no avail, but maybe they need to be replaced periodically, not just superficially cleaned. There is not a user's manual aboard, so any information you knowledgeable folks might provide would be much appreciated.

Blue skies and fair winds to all.

Dick B.
M/V Annie