Peter Unold

Default What do you think about Current Design Storm

Hi

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:07:43 GMT, Kenneth McClelland
wrote:
[...]
Anyone have an opinion on this manufacturer?

I was test paddling the CD Storm only yesterday. I'm planning for an
expedition next year for which we'll be using large volume PE-kayaks.
Normally I'm all for narrow low volume kayaks but nevertheless, the Storm
turned out as a pleasant surprise. I didn't have the same "captain of a
battleship" feeling, as I've had in other large kayaks. The Storm was easy
to turn(effective waterline length was around 4.8m) and in general easy to
control without using the rudder.
The waterproof compartments were still dry after a number of rolls and a
reentry&roll exercise. I believe the Storm is one of the few PE kayaks
with Kajaksport rubber hatches.

The rudder is nice(same as used on CD Extreme) but I'd replace the sliding
pedals with a butterfly control. The large cockpit easily allows for
paddling with the legs together.

The plastic CD use for their kayaks, somehow feels harder/tougher than
what I've seen on other PE kayaks.

Considering it's a large PE kayak, I think it's fine.

best regards
Peter - not in any way affiliated with CD