Bill Andersen

Default boat covers

I got almost four years out of a Road Runner Greystone cover by Canvas
Products Company. Bought it at Boat/US for $179. I use my boat (19'
bowrider) year round, and it's parked in a lot next to a channel of the San
Diego Bay. When I launch in the morning it's usually wet and sits in the
back of my van all day where it can start to mildew.
Four years of sunlight, salt air, and being left wet in the dark before it
started tearing. I thought that was pretty good, so I bought the same thing
as a replacement.
I leave it on for trailering: 30 mile round trip to the local lake
(reservoir) and occasional weekend trips to the Colorado River, about 400
miles each way. I read that leaving the cover on would improve gas mileage;
I haven't noticed that, but it will prevent me from littering if something
isn't properly stowed.

"Fred" wrote in message
I am looking to buy a good boat cover for my 20' IO. There seems to be a
wide variety of materials and prices. I want a well made cover that will
last and can be used to trailer. Any suggestions?