Mole

Default Trailer Galvanized finish question

Yeah...wait about 6 months to a year and it will all look the same...dull.

"z1r1200cc" wrote in message
Thanks, everyone.
But is there anyway to make the rails look tha same as the parts I did not
do?
Joe

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
What has happened is the polish has gotten down into the pores of the

zink.
You will need to remove the dry polish somehow. My guess is water and a
brush will help but may not get it all.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"z1r1200cc" wrote in message
I just purchased a new Load Rite trailer, and like an idiot, I listened

friend of mine, and used Mothers metal polish on the rails. They looked
great initially.

Now overnight the rails turned grey and have a white residue on them!
The parts I did not do are still shiny.

Is there anything I can do to restore the shine?
What did I do, the metal polish is not abrasive?
Is there any cleaner that can restore the shine?
What about Chembrite? I saw it in a trailer parts catalog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Distressed in Long Island
Joe