Bart Senior

Default Bruce King

DSK wrote

Bart Senior wrote:

Perhaps I can beg a tour of ADIX. If I have time this week I'll head
over there and see what I can do. Perhaps if I came by water, I'd be

That often works well. Phil Bolger once wrote about the difference in
the reception you get when you show up in a classy rowing boat (he had
in mind a pretty lapstrake wherry) versus some nondescript mass-produced
clorox bottle. I've noticed it myself... although the best way to get
invited in where you aren't really wanted is to show up with a pretty
girl and stand slightly behind her. It works after eleven years of
marriage too, and I don't have to prompt her at all

Too late. ADIX has left the harbor. I didn't even get a chance to take
any pictures.

You are right about the pretty woman. I could not get a sponsor to
join my yacht club until I brought my gorgeous friend Sherry along.
She found a sponsor for me in less than 10 minutes.

scary and something to treat carefully. I've even considered
moving the whole panel to a drier location centered, in the aft
cabin.

Dunno, never had much problem with water getting into the power panel,
unless it was by way of deck leaks, or simply the long term effects of
humidity & poor boat care. High amp loads, even at twelve volts, no air
circulation, a little corrosion, and minimal wiring specs are a recipe
for disaster.

There is a port light above it which could potentially leak. Also a chain
plate on the adjacent bulkhead.