Donal

Default What If #4-Answer

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message

"Donal" wrote in message
Atlantic Ocean. If I headed East I would hit Cape Finisterre, more or

less. Of
course, the prevailing wind is from the West, so most of the time I'm

in
the lee
of a continent. Last Summer we did 20+ miles up or down the coast

about
10
times.

Wow! **20** miles, huh? "Up and down the coast", huh?

Sorry if my effort to be honest was lost on you - 20 miles is the shortest

trip
we took, and that's measured from the harbor entrance about 10 miles from

our
berth. We also went to Provincetown, about 50 miles and Martha's

Vineyard,
around 100+ miles. In a few weeks we'll (hopefully) go to Maine - The

first leg
is about 180 miles 30 miles offshore.

In the 5 years we've had this boat we've logged about 8000 miles, ranging

from
Toronto to Maine, to Florida.

I'm beginning to understand how Bobsprit passes himself off as an
experienced sailor. I've always felt that I was a novice compared to

most
of this group. You make me feel that I am an old sea dog.

I sure you have some experience. You just like to act like someone whose
knowledge is all from a book they plan to read someday. Pretty funny

shtick you
have there.

I'm quite surprised that you accuse me of using "book" knowledge. I've made
some big gaffs here over the years - and most of them have been due to the
fact that I post the truth as I see it.

I've learned an awful lot from this ng, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
You, on the other hand, seem to feel that you are so experienced that you
can only dispense wisdom. I am fortunate enough to be able to absorb
wisdom. I guess that I am luckier than you.

We all sail in completely different waters. Our communication gives us the
ability to learn from one another. I've learned things from reading your
posts.

BTW, the chop is measured on top of the longer swells - total wave height

was
considerably higher, but only the steep component is worth mentioning.

You'll
learn about this when you read that book.

I checked out the wave heights for your neighborhood - for the next

several days
it will be 1 foot or less. It sounds pretty rough out there, you better

batten
down your Bendytoy.

Hmmmm! You are beginning to sound like Bobsprit.

Regards

Donal