Jim Cate

Default Jim Cate a NO Show

Interesting. - Doug said that the wind speed might have been as much as
10-12 knots. Why do you criticize my estimate of the wind speed but not
his, when he wasn't even there?

I was basing my estimate on observations relative to the Beaufort Scale
and past experience, plus the observations of an experienced captain who
was with me at the time, along with weather reports.- This is a new
boat, and I am in the process of equipping it, and it's going to take a
little time. - Also, I don't plan on making any extended ocean passages.

Jim

John Cairns wrote:
"Jim Cate" wrote in message

More like 20 knots.
Jim

http://www.havencraft.com/n26m.asp

http://www.gatewaysailing.com/newboa...onsPricing.htm

http://www.a1sailboats.com/newboatprint.htm

http://www.macgregorsailboats.com/ma...t-pricing.html

Never thought the mac was much of a SAILBOAT because I noticed fairly early
that none of these hucksters offer something that most 21st century sailors
consider indispensable, WIND instruments. If your boat doesn't have WIND
INSTRUMENTS, how did you determine the wind was blowing 20KTS?

John Cairns