Jim Cate

Default Jim Cate a NO Show

DSK wrote:
Jim Cate wrote:

.... Our two initial trips were in fairly breezy weather, with chop
and whitecaps from the winds and wakes from power boats going in and
out of Galveston Bay.

Wow! You went sailing in whitecaps? That means the wind might have been
as much as ten or twelve knots! What a manly sailor dude you are!

More like 20 knots.

... The Mac 26M handles such conditions quite well, and seems to have
lots of stiffness when under sail.

Of course. It's shaped like a box, naturally it's going have a lot of
initial stability.

Just the opposite, actually. It becomes increasingly stiff when heeled.

I haven't had time to become proficient with most of the boat's features.

What, like all the ropes and stuff?

Sure thing. - Lots of ropes and other stuff.

... All in all, however, it has a nice sweet "feel" under
sail, which is what I'm primarily interested in.

Oh yeah, I bet. Sporty, just like a 505 or an Etchells!

Fresh Breezes (or something)- Doug King

Thanks Doug. - And the same to you!

Jim