Joe

Default Yacht Clubs--a mistake

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
But if you've ever been touched by the spirit, you know it's not that
simple. Faith is the opposite of blind trust.

Faith IS blind trust, regardless of your other comments. You've never been
touched by a spirit, though you may actually believe that.
It's easy to see why religion kills so many.

RB

No its not.

There arises in all of us, of any culture, universal feelings of right
and wrong. Even a thief gets upset and feels wronged when someone
steals from him. If someone violently grabs a child from a family and
rapes that child, there is an anger and revulsion and a rage to
confront that act as evil, regardless of the culture. Where did we get
this sense of wrongness Blobster? How do we explain a universal law in
the conscience of all people that says murder for fun is wrong?

And in areas like courage, dying for a cause, love, dignity, duty and
compassion, where did these come from? If people are merely products
of physical evolution, "survival of the fittest," why do we sacrifice
for each other(blobster excluded)? Where did we get this inner sense
of right and wrong? Our conscience can best be explained by a loving
Creator who cares about the decisions and harmony of humanity.

Or how about that perfect sunrise or sunset that awakens your soul.
Ever have that feeling inside of awe. Must of been something you ate
huh?

Poor blobster. All alone....

Joe