basskisser

Default transom tie-downs

"Steve Barker" wrote in message ...
I think they are slick. Mine are fine after two years, although i never
actually ratchet them down tight. I just hang them on there. They do
nothing anyway.

--
Steve
"Fred" wrote in message
Are the automatic retracting tie-downs the best thing since sliced bread,

or
should I stick to the old style? What are everyone's opinions?

The ones that I have don't have the ratchet. They have a binding wheel
in them. You tighten the strap, then when you pull the lever, it
tightens them nicely. They are made by Rod Holder, and I got them at
Bass Pro Shops. I had the ratchet ones, which worked just great, but
on my particular boat, the ratchet scratched the transom.