Gould 0738

Default Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers

The JD Powers survey form that I received (automotive) did not ask who the
dealer was.

Dealers do not send in changes of address, a boatowner would have to
notify his state's license and boat registration department, and perhaps his
loan holder.

The factory provides the mailing list to the survey company, based on delivery
reports and warranty activations from dealers. Teh mailing list has nothing to
do with the leinholder or DMV. Under the scheme this particular dishonest
organization used, the DMV, the lender, and the customer were all unaware that
CSI survey info (and recalls) were being intercepted by the seller.

The other common trick, "Bring your survey in to us and we'll give you a tank
of gas" resulted in a whole lot of surveys that never made it to the mailbox in
the end.