Billgran

Default Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

Never burned, but I have seen the shenanigans first hand.

Take the dealer who sent in a "change of address" for each customer

shortly
after the sale. Mysteriously, all of his customers seemed to move to a

post
office box number after buying a Brand X car. This guy went from so-so in

the
satisfaction department to the glowing superstar of the district

overnight.
Every single report was "completely satisfied" with just about everything.

The JD Powers survey form that I received (automotive) did not ask who the
dealer was.

Dealers do not send in changes of address, a boatowner would have to
notify his state's license and boat registration department, and perhaps his
loan holder.