del cecchi

Default Misunderstandings concerning JD Powers

Sounds to me like "spam me" has a vested interest, and a few others are
in denial that upstanding dealers and manufacturers could be
manipulating the survey, and that the survey company plays along. Sort
of like those magazine reviews, where you have to really really read
between the lines to figure out the bad stuff, but the good stuff is in
17 point bold. And then a couple of years later there is the article
that says "that was a piece of junk when we tested it".

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:57:53 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

Chuck, I'm beginning to get the feeling that you are looking at

Powers
from an insiders perspective who has been burned in one way or

another
by negative survey results sometime in the past. Or is there an

issue
in the overall industry with the public getting to see this kind of
information? Builders (and dealers) who don't score well should do a
bit of introspection and see if an improved commitment to quality is
compatible with their business model. If not, they need to learn to
live and prosper with that position rather than try to shoot the
messenger.

Yes, there is clearly the sound of Chuck's Ox being gored.

Or.. maybe something is hitting home for some reason.