Gould 0738

Default Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey

The only thing JD Powers actually reveals is which particular company
contracted for the survey this year (and therefore got to "influence" the
wording of the questions to
predetermine the outcome.)

Example: "If you were stuck on a desert Island with two outboards, and one was
a FICHT that had a full tank of fuel and the other was a non-Ficht that was
missing a prop, which motor would you hang off the back of your driftwood
raft?" Lo and behold, consumers prefer FICHT!

I'm not wading into the FICHT vs the world controversy. I'm not an outboard
guy. But I can tell you that a JD Powers survey is a private product that is
sold to industry by a private company. How many people would pay the bill in
the end unless the survey showed their company just stomping the field?