Capt. Mooron

Default And ???????

"otnmbrd" wrote in message

| I would describe it as .... many know the words to the rules but have a
| problem with the intent.

So seemingly you are inferring that no one but you has a grasp on the intent
of the COLREGS???
Crap.... I thought it was to keep boats from hitting each other. Are you
implying that everyone but commercial large vessel traffic should be subject
to the strictest definitions of the rules?

| I find most of these threads a valuable tool for defining intent and
| giving perspective from different operators and vessel types.

Well you know my views.... large commercial vessels should be strictly
regulated, the regulations should be enforced with an iron fist. You whine
about smaller vessels not adhering to the rules while dumping bilge water
and oil as well as being the biggest contributor of garbage dumped at
sea.... not to mention the sorry record for container loss. Unmanned
bridges, unseaworthy vessels and poorly trained foreign crews are the least
of the problems caused by the current status of the shipping industry at
sea.

How dare you even begin to preach rules and comprehension when your industry
so consistently fails to abide by rules you claim to have a better
understanding of!!

| However, after a point............

Yeah... after a point it becomes clear that you fail to comprehend the
basics. It's NOT Your Ocean! You only use it just like we do. You don't have
more of a right nor less of a responsibility. I would say that on a whole
the smaller vessels have a better comprehension of their responsibilities
and a better track record of adherence to the regulations imposed!......

CM